What is COOLDOCK doing?
The Nani COOLDOCK is the most energy-efficient truck loading system, which it is currently available on the market. The loading house is highly insulated as a “box” designed, which is set just in front of the building opening. Truck and dock with closed rear doors and they are only opened after the truck has already been sealed. Then the docked trucks are 4-sided round sealed and the energy loss is limited as a maximum.
functional model ot the COOLDOCK loading lock
The placement of the loading lock in front of the building saves cost-intensive interior space. The exact technical design is adapted to the existing building or, if a new building is built, to the requirements of the customer.
Cooldock open side view
The 11 components of the COOLDOCK:1. stepped steel plateau (dockleveller with feed)
2. High-speed freezer door
4. front steel construction
5. hydraulic crash guard with quiver foundation
6. thermo sectional door
7. four-sided inflatable Dockshelter
8. electronic wheel wedge and master control
9. traffic light
11. drive-in aids
more detail views:
11 Components from reference objects:
more detail views:
Nani COOLDOCK – new features compared to conventional loading locks
1. Docking with closed hedges
2. Complete isolation of the built-in-front lock; sectional door closes in front of the dockleveller
3. drvie down ability with loading shelf walls
4. no impact forces by putting through into quiver foundation in the building
5. less energy loss and drafts inside the building
6. vewer insects and vermin inside the building
7. Improvement of noise protection
8. interruption of the loading process without shunting the truck
9. loading directly into the freezing zone, on pre-zones can be dispensed with
Verladung mit Vorzone
Verladung ohne Vorzone mit COOLDOCK
10. Usually no dehumidifier is necessary
11. automatic function process guarantees safe loading and securing for the next loading: protection against damage to the gates and façade
11. The inside of the rear doors is not polluted by door seals
The steps of loading
1. The place of loading is closed
No truck there – Dockleveller in the rest position – Gate closed – Crash Guard protection in the safety position – Gate seal is vented
2. The truck is docked and is detected by a sensor which switches the system on and off
Traffic light outside flashes red after 20 seconds
3. Truck driver secures the truck with the electronic wheel wedge
The sectional door is opened by pressing the button in self-locking mode. Right before the door seal is automatically inflated. The gate opens with a time delay. The crash guard protection is lowered at the push of a button in the loading position. The rear doors are opened and secured by the open door obove the loading bridge. The loading bridge is put on. When the feed is extended and is lowered to the truck loading area, the lower air bag is automatically inflated.
4. The loading takes place
The traffic light is switched to red. The indoor traffic light is green. The forklift truck starts loading.
5. The loading is finished
The loading bridge is moved to rest position by pushing the relevant button. Before the laoding bridge rises with a delay, the door seal is automatically switched off and deaerated. After reaching the rest position, the rear doors of the truck are closed. The sectional door is closed by pushing the button, meanwhile the door seal is automatically switched off and deaerated. The outer traffic light flashes red.
6. The electronic wheel wedge is being removed
7. The truck moves out of the loading position and the crash guard protection automatically moves into its safety position.
The traffic light switches to green.
Implementation of different COOLDOCKs
The COOLDOCK can also be designed for applications in which the loading and unloading of trucks of different heights must be possible and where the slope of the adjustment ramp may not be too high (for example, a hand truck is being loaded or there is a risk that if the truck is loaded too fast, the truck is tilted by the forklift truck). The following figures show an application in which such a loading lock is set before an existing loading ramp and the existing loading bridge pit is used.
1 The Volume Flow indicates how much volume of a medium is transported through a specified cross-section per period of time.
2 The Heat Input indicates how much thermal energy is transferred from one body to another. Heat always flows
from a place of higher temperature to a place of lower temperature.
3 The Air Temperature is the temperature of the atmosphere close to the ground that is not affected by solar radiation or by soil heat or by heat conduction.
4 The U-Value is therefore a measure of the “thermal permeability” or the thermal insulation properties. The U-Value indicates the heat that per hour and
square meters of space is lost if the temperature difference between inside and outside is one degree celsius. The smaller the U-Value, the more
better are the insulation properties.
Year of construction: 2012
Year of construction: 2011
Year of construction: 2011